I woke up (sort of) early this morning, feeling disorganized, chaotic, and that I am failing at the big things of life. So I spent an hour cleaning the living/dining room from Christmas clutter and crumbs; putting extra chairs, tv, and lights we never hung in the basement; and generally setting order back in one small space of my existence. Then I sat for an hour or two, reading or browsing the web with absolute quiet. It is filling my soul.
Later, there was another flurry while Karl cleaned the kitchen and Elise and I returned library books, fed and watered chickens, and picked eggs. Now they are gone skiing (maybe Karl will email me a picture to post), and it is quiet again. Albin is upstairs. Maybe he will come down soon to eat, have some computer time, and join me in the silence. I think we will spend the rest of the day like this. Things aren't looking so bleak, after all...
No comments:
Post a Comment