Saturday, January 2, 2010


The pretzels were a bit chewy this year, but the salt made up for it.  Next year we'll have to make them smaller (and more of them), no matter what the recipe says!

Karl and Albin cleaned up the basement floor and are setting up the trains this afternoon.  Elise went to play at the neighbor's house, and I finished my first reproduction dress.  I even took notes so I know what to change about the next one that I make.

We planned a mini vacation for the summer.  We'll go to Ripon, WI for a weekend history reenactment and farm breakfast (it's the weekend before Elise's birthday).  There's even a family-owned local motel in the town the festival is being held.  I was planning to just go with Elise, but none of the bed and breakfasts in area will take kids under 12.  The motel is cheaper, and it would be fun if we can all go.  Oshkosh isn't too far away, so if Albin can't stand all the history, he and Karl can go look at planes for a day.  It should be a great trip!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Oh, my, I think we are kindred spirits! I LOVE your dress! It looks great. I hope to one day make one myself. My boys say to me "mom, don't you realize that LIVING the life of Little House probably wasn't as much fun as it sounds in the book!". Happy 2010!