We are back to our normal Monday schedule, which means a lot of driving. Albin has physics and computer programming, and Elise does gymnastics and violin. We are dropping writing and group violin class for the spring. Elise is contemplating taking an acting class with homeschoolers on Tuesday mornings, and possibly an art class for a month at a local teaching studio...on Tuesday afternoons. I don't think it would be too much for her, but she does need a lot of creative downtime.
I started my next reproduction dress, and I'll sew this one by hand. I dyed some white flannel I had in my stash for it, and it came out not very splotchy. Maybe next time I'll swish the load in my washtub for the full half hour, but just couldn't do it last night. On a side note, I'd really like to get this pattern, and do some summer and winter dresses from this style.
Elise and I watched the last episode of "Cranford" on PBS Masterpiece last night. That was the best story I've seen told on tv or in movies for years. It was just fabulous. (And the dresses were great!) In case you are reading this before Jan. 10th, here's where you can watch it all, too: PBS Video. Another similar (sort of) show I've been enjoying the last few months is "Lark Rise to Candleford", also on PBS. That one can't be viewed online, so you'll have to catch it on your own PBS station.
Time to fix the pizzas for dinner. I'm going to remember to put the olives on this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment