Wednesday, January 20, 2010

cornstarch goo




Yesterday Elise found her cornstarch goo in the craft box (when it dried out, I put it there in a ziploc bag).  she reconstituted it and spent a long time experimenting.  This morning, she was in it again and asking for more.  How much more, you ask?  She wanted to take a bath in it.  Luckily, I had a large enamel tub in the garage, and I went to the store for ten boxes of cornstarch, some of which you see here.  By the time we got all the cornstarch and water in, it was about two inches deep.  Not enough for a bath, or as much as they had on Mythbusters, but still lots of fun. 

Albin went to his last physics class this morning.  He was ready to be done, and that was fine with us.

I went to a homeschool meeting this morning, and feel validated in our choices.  Sometimes this trust thing is hard.  I heard a lot of good, helpful and thoughtful things.  I can't wait for the unschool conference in February for more of the same!

1 comment:

Lynch Family said...

Funny, that episode of Mythbusters caught our attention too! Gotta love cornstarch!