Wednesday, January 27, 2010
all of us unschooling?
As we head deeper into this life of following our passions, I'm finding that I have more time to myself. The children have dropped some activities, so I need to do less driving, less planning and less waiting. While at home, they are often engaged in their own things. We still do things together, but they don't need my constant company. Karl and I have started weekly meal planning, so that makes cooking and shopping easier and less time consuming. I feel as though I am deschooling myself, as well. My life has gone from days of "shoulds" and "have-to's" to a lot of "how do you want to creatively fill your morning/afternoon/evening?" I don't have all day every day to read, sew, knit, etc., but a lot more than I used to. I find it a bit odd and unsettling, as I try to shake the protestant work ethic that I must be working all the time, or else. You know, I was never happy when living that way, so the family wasn't as happy either (all that tension!), and it's not like the house was a lot cleaner, either... So I will work on shedding the guilt, sit down with those knitting needles and good book on Librivox, and enjoy my life and my children. We are blessed and lucky to have it this good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love EVERY word!
Ditto!
Post a Comment