Monday, July 6, 2009

preparing for battle


I am so excited about the upcoming reenactment battle this weekend at Villa Louis. I just love living history stuff like this. We are going to spend this week learning about the War of 1812, so we understand some of the context. We watched the first dvd of the History Channel's 2-part series on it tonight. We'll watch the next one tomorrow, read a few books and look at other links from the WI Historical Society's website, etc. History is just so cool.

Today we:
-biked the long way to the library this morning (to get the books and dvd's)
-had lunch
-Albin came downtown with me to run some things home from the dime store (when's the last time you heard that??)
-I went grocery shopping
-Elise and I made a French silk pie
-I almost finished a new skirt
-drove Albin to Madison twice to try and get his new DSI, or whatever it is (sad story!)
-tried out some sparklers
-watched the War of 1812 movie
-were horrified by the calorie count of most of Culver's food
-the kids finished all their things

And now Albin's tomato plant looks very sad. Hmmmm. Good times had by all (except the tomato plant).

No comments: