Elise woke up early today, before I did and the cell phone alarm (so we don't know how well that works). We had lovely muffins for breakfast with our innkeeper, and decided to drive to class today. It was exactly one mile. We'll see if the weather is okay enough to walk that another day. We didn't bring an umbrella.
I found a neat book at the b&b. It's 110 years old. It calls the War of 1812 'The War for Commercial Independence.' Very interesting!
Elise liked her class, and has a good start to a painting. I had plenty to do with me, so I sat outside and sewed on a shirt for Avery, instead of going back to town. (It helped that there was coffee available at the school!) I'll post pictures of her art at the end of her class.
For lunch, Elise was in the mood for noodles, and we found a restaurant with fetticune alfredo on the menu. We shared a plate, with pink lemonade and lovely garlic toast! We had to ask for more toast, it was so good.
After lunch, we looked around in some shops that we remembered from visiting here last year. We particularly remember some art supplies in a shop, but things have changed, and there are no more here in town. Oh well. Elise got a strawberry ice cream cone, then had to sit outside at four different stores while I poked my nose in them (just in case there were art supplies hiding somewhere else!). No luck there, but we did find a moccasin store that sells bags of leather scrap for $3.50. Yay! We'll have to go back when we aren't eating ice cream.
We were going to walk further down Main Street and look for a bookstore to browse in, but we passed the town beach. It was such a lovely warm day, that we put on swimsuits and spent hours there, instead. Elise made friend, of course, and we had a great time. Now we need to find supper...
Oh, and we canceled our kayaking tour for Saturday. I think it's going to be too cold. We'll find something else fun to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment