Friday, July 24, 2009


I went antique browsing while Elise was at Old World WI today. I guess there is a reason my family doesn't often want me near antiques! I love old things, and it's hard to walk away without some treasure coming with me. This time it was Happy Hollister books, more Tom Swift for Albin, a surprise for his birthday, a cake breaker, and best of all, this bowl...if you can call it a bowl. Elise thought it was a boat. The tag said it was an antique dough bowl, and though I found one more similar to it posted on ebay, I'd like to know more. I don't think it was finished, and therefore usable, as the wood is furry. I wonder if I have enough yarn to fill it...

Elise had a great time at camp. They made cornbread, corncob dolls, worked in the garden, etc. She said they rode the tram instead of walking. I don't think Laura would've done that!

Albin had a good time at home again. He is playing Runescape like mad these days. Well, Karl is, too, so at least he has good company!

1 comment:

Lynch Family said...

Yup, that's a dough bowl alright! They were usually NOT finished, that is where you got all the nice wild yeast! Typically you wouldn't even wash it, just scrape it out. It is a bake day here today, 10 baguettes, 3 sheets of buns and 4 loaves of sandwich bread, plus 7 pizzas. Now that is a lot of dough!

Use that bowl for dough, not yarn!