Elise and I left this afternoon for our first 'girl-alone-time' vacation. It took us four and a half hours to drive to Door County, which wasn't too bad, really. We listened to Mariel of Redwall all the way, and are close to the end of the story.
We had a hard time finding our b&b, and finally called when we drove through town twice. It's a few blocks off the main road, but close to shops and restaurants. Elise was hungry after we had brought all our things to our room, so we walked downtown to find food. There was a restaurant that has fish boils every night. We can hardly come to Door County without having a fish boil, so we signed ourselves up. The fish was really good, and the potatoes drenched in butter. Ummmm, butter! I couldn't eat my cherry pie, but Elise had some ice cream for dessert. They packed the pie for me, and I'll share it with Elise for a snack after class tomorrow.
Her painting class starts at 9:30. She is game to walk (almost a mile), so we'll start out early enough. I have sewing and knitting projects packed, I just hope there is a place for me to sit and work. I could come back to work on the lovely porch here. If I walk back and forth twice from the b&b everyday, guess I don't have to worry so much about missing time at the gym!
No comments:
Post a Comment