Saturday, August 27, 2011






We had a small family vacation at Elroy and Sparta this past week.  We had made reservations at a nice campground right on the bike trail--it had cabins, a pool, mini golf and bike rentals.  We dropped Albin and Karl off in Elroy, and they biked to the campground.  The next day, Elise and I explored Tomah and Sparta while they rode the rest of the trail into Sparta.  On the way back to the campground, we parked near Tunnel #3, and Karl, Albin, and I walked down most of it (Elise was too tired and read in the car).  You could feel the cold air flowing out onto the bike path before you could see the tunnel.  The entrance was like entering a fairy land--beautiful and amazing.

The next day, Elise's butterfly had hatched, so we set it free.  We also rented bikes for Elise and me, and we all rode to Tunnel #1.  We went swimming and played mini golf before leaving, and made it home just in time for Karl and I to see Wednesday Nite at the Lab.

I've been sewing Renaissance costumes this past week, as tomorrow Elise and I leave for Bristol to visit the faire with friends.  It should be a fun time--and the weather will be perfect!

1 comment:

Lynch Family said...

Please post pictures of costumes and the fair! We are vending at the Ren. Fest in New Glarus in Oct and we must wear period dress. Huzzah!