Saturday, August 6, 2011
Reunion
Here's a few pictures from the family reunion we attended in MN last weekend. Karl and Elise are playing some music with one of Grandma's cousins. (Her mother had eight siblings--and her grandpa fought in the Civil War and was married 3 times--what an interesting history!) Elise is trying out one of Verne's button accordions, and when we got home, she took Karl and I out for a ride. (There is a neat effect in the golf cart picture. It was so humid the camera fogged up when I turned it on. It makes them look sort of mysterious...) And of course we got a game or two of Scrabble in before we went home.
I don't have pictures of the tractor club show we attended. My dad's a member of the club, and was showing one of his tractors. It was at a park close to their house, recently bought by the county from a business that held corporate picnics there. I'd heard of the place all my life, but this was the first time I could go in, and the grounds are beautiful. It's on the shore of a lake, and of course Elise jumped in and swam for the few hours we were there, clothes and all. There was also someone demonstrating how to make ropes, and Elise got a twine jump rope, and Karl and I talked with someone about his antique sock machines for awhile.
The reunion was fun. Grandma and my parents were there, of course, but I also got to visit with an aunt and two cousins I don't see often. And now I'm intrigued to know more about the family history, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment