Thursday, October 8, 2009

I HAD never been to Boston in the faaaaaaalll

We made it! (Karl and Albin will be masquerading as Mommiepie for the nonce. Lemme see...maybe I can grant myself security to publish on this here blog. Since I have the administrator's password and I guess her permission. Muah-ah-ah-ah!)

Left home about 11 AM...connecting flight in Milwaukee...waited for the Silver Line bus at 5:30...transfered to the subway/trolley, and two trains later...here we were! (Yeah, I know it's cheesy to borrow from Google Street View, but it's dark and it will look about like this during the day time.)








Talked to our host (Steve), found that we are very near Coolidge Corner. Walked up there and had Soup and Bread. (At Panera, but hey if we can agree on a place to eat...and the food is all right...then it's OK with me that it's a chain. I'm not sure I'd ever actually eaten there anyway.)

Found a "local" postcard.

Ate up our first chocolate bar.









Going to bed soon...









Will be a good/long day at the Museum of Science tomorrow...they're open from 9 to 9, and we'll probably stay for the 9 PM IMAX movie, Adrenaline Rush or something like that. Should be cool to see extreme skydiving firsthand in IMAX!

2 comments:

mommypie said...

Yay, you made it! What is Coolidge Corner? We had a lovely quiet day at home. Elise was willing to go see Michael Perry and his band tonight at the Orpheum, even though she didn't want to, and in the end we stayed home. I'll go see him next time he's in Madison...maybe... : ).

Elise wants to know, is that good or bad that you've now been to Boston in the fall? You can't sing that song anymore!

Karl Everitt said...

Who SAID we couldn't sing that song any more? If a song has to represent your actual experience, NOBODY would be able to sing "jingle bells". I don't even LIKE the sound of jingle bells, so they sure as **** don't make MY spirits bright.