Friday, November 11, 2011
our day, thus far
We have a silly package ready to go for Haley, and Elise is right now working on the contents for a similar silly package for Joy. The post office is closed for Armistice Day today, so we'll have to mail them tomorrow. (I know it's generally called Veteran's Day, but I like the old-fashioned name this holiday once had. I chased the kids out of the house to see the flag-raising ceremony downtown by the veterans. It only lasted a few minutes, but I'm glad we went.)
Most of the day was spent playing Monopoly, reading, and napping. There are now houses on every property set, so things will start to get more interesting. After supper, Elise and I will go to a friend's house tonight to start planning our holiday cards. It's been a lovely, slow day at home together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment