Wednesday, January 26, 2011

playing

I found a new hobby.  It's not like I really needed another one, but at least this one is relatively cheap.  I've spent $22 on stamps and $6 on sharpies and gel pens that can write on dark paper, and now I'm collecting old books, magazines, etc. to make mail art.  I can't remember when I've had so much fun just...playing.  Knitting is lovely and fills my soul, too, but it doesn't make me giddy.  So if I have your snail mail address, keep an eye on your mailbox.  Something fun will eventually come your way.


In other news, Albin gets the rest of his braces off this afternoon.  It's his last 'good' excuse for a chocolate malt for dinner. 

One of the local goodwill stores is having a half off sale, too, as they are closing to remodel next week.  People keep growing in this house, or wearing out their jeans, so I get to go shopping.  It's so much more fun to look for those kinds of things at a thrift store (and I might find another old dish or two that needs a new home).

No comments: