I need to bake oodles of cookies for Elise's school festival, as I have already mentioned. The four types I planned to make are gingersnaps, spritz, seven layer bars, and oatmeal cranberry white chocolate cookies. These are easy, fast, and popular. So here's what happened to the five dozen gingersnaps I managed to bake so far.
1. I ate one test cookie of the first batch. We didn't double the spices right, and I wanted to make sure they didn't taste overwhelmingly of cloves or ginger. They were fine.
2. I left three dozen cooling on the table while I took Elise to ballet. When I got home, Albin had arrived ahead of me and eaten one dozen. (!!!)
3. I was making space on the counter to move the cooling racks so that Elise would have the table free to make whipped cream for our pancake supper. Before I could move the second rack, she whipped powdered sugar and cream over another dozen. (I guess Great Grandma won't mind a little extra sugar on her cookies.)
Wish me well with the rest of the baking. If this continues, the school will sadly get fewer cookies, and we will have far too many mishaps to eat ourselves...unless you are a growing teen aged boy (and then there is no such thing as too many mishaps).
1 comment:
Yes, with 2 teenaged boys in this house (and 2 more youngers), nothing goes to waste and I literally have to mark "do not eat" on some things!
Would love your gingersnap recipe.
Post a Comment