Yesterday we made dozens of spritz cookies--all snowflakes with blue sugar sprinkles, and those yummy things that consist of a chocolate kiss melted onto a pretzel with a pecan pushed into it. Mine look sort of wacko, as the pecan is large and overwhelms the other ingredients, but they taste heavenly (especially the chocolate caramel kisses). Today I finish the gingersnaps, and do a few batches of oatmeal cranberry white chocolate and seven layer bars. I love Christmas baking!
We had local Chinese takeout for dinner last night. We rarely eat out, and half the time we do it's just bringing home some of this lovely fried goodness. The kids like chicken fried rice without onions, and I had sweet and sour chicken. That sauce is just amazing. There is no color like it anywhere in the natural food kingdom. If I knew what it was, I'm sure I wouldn't eat it, so please, no one tell me. We must all have our little vices.
For the first time all week, I am done driving by 10 am. My hand doesn't hurt so much today, so I am off to the Sow's Ear for an hour or two of relaxed knitting and coffee. Say it with me, everyone. Aaaaahhh! If only I can bribe Albin to come with me...
No comments:
Post a Comment