Sunday, June 13, 2010

the local festival

Elise and Karl had a fabulous time yesterday at our little town festival.  She bought a wristband, and had five hours to go on the rides.  The cobra was her favorite (the second picture).  She played games and won a few prizes, found $2.40 in the coin dig, painted a picture in the Wall of Art, watched a dog show, and went on more rides.  Albin didn't care about the rides, but he went over several times to get a corn dog, or kettle corn, or cheese curds.  (Karl said they were the worst cheese curds he had ever had.  I told him that at least there weren't that many...)

Today was the parade, and Elise has a friend over, so they watched the whole thing, and now they are in her room, sorting out the candy stash.  Sigh!  Remember when parades weren't about the candy?

I went to the garage sale of a local theater company yesterday, and found a boatload of stuff for Elise's upcoming birthday party.  She is having a dress-up tea party, and I got each kid a pair of gloves, handbag, and hat (for $3.50 per person!).  Now we just need some gaudy lipstick for them, and we're all set.  I also found Elise another dress-up dress, three pairs of shoes, a beaded crown (sort of falling apart), and yards of blue tulle.  The danger was in asking if I could write a check (I never carry much cash), which meant I could get those extras for Elise. 

I'm trying to get the gloves cleaned up so they look better for the party--some of them were pretty dingy.  I hope soaking and a gentle wash will do the job.

No comments: