Tuesday, December 8, 2009

waiting for the snow

Things that happened in or near our house, while the first blizzard of the seeason wends its way north:

-Tasha Tudor's christmas cookie dough was mixed and is waiting in the refrigerator for subsequent cutting and decorating
-living room windows that had window marker on them were washed for the first time in  almost 6 months
-paper snowflakes were made and hung on the clean windows
-five Christmas cards were written out
-computer games were played
-violin was played at the grocery store to earn money for the Red Kettle campaign
-Karl's hat from my Greek souvenir yarn was completed and is ready for blizzard wear (I only had reknit the top once today)
-the first chapter of a PG Wodehouse novel was listened to on Librivox
-pieces of Albin's birthday cake were found in the freezer and devoured.  Fabulous frosting!  (I know there's some fudge in there, too...)

We have yet to eat together tonight or figure out what else we'll do.  Now that I found our lost Netflix movie, maybe we'll watch that (it's Buster Keaton).

No comments: