Monday, November 24, 2008

Karl went to the hardware store yesterday to buy a firepit cover (we can't fit both the firepit and the car in the garage this winter) and a snow shovel...and it's snowing this morning!! The kids are going to be so excited. We are supposed to visit with friends this afternoon. Assuming I can make it there on our newly slick highways, they will probably spend all their time outside. Yay!

I believe the Universe has spoken to me. I stayed home from church to work on the Christmas goodies last night. (It would be nice to get the sewing machine out of the living room before Karl's family comes this weekend.) It was possible to finish the sewing in the three or so hours that I had home alone, but it didn't happen. My fabulous little workhorse of a sewing machine (a vintage Montgomery Ward), broke down in: not one, not two, but three different ways. I gave up after the third incident, which was sounding really bad and broke my needle to boot. I was so mad!

However, my invitation to join Ravelry had arrived a few days earlier, and I hadn't gotten around to...actually joining. Ooooooh! Now I understand why my knitter friends like it so much. I have found my third set of people (homeschoolers and church being my other peeps). I still have a lot to learn about the site, but I have joined four or so swap groups (including coffee and chocolate, and lace knitting), and the discussion groups based on interests in the Victorian era, old time radio, and Tasha Tudor. Aaaah. In fact, I can't think of much more to say here, and I really should take a closer look at the Tasha shawl I saw a pattern for last night...

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi Laurie,
I finally got caught up on your blogs. Your sewing machine died? Shall I bring mine when I come for Thanksgiving? It probably needs adjusting but I have no sewing projects at the present moment or into the future. I would like to but there just is not enough free time for me to get started. No snow here...there was sunshine but the clouds are taking over. See you on Thursday. MOM