Elise is getting to be a better logroller. She stayed on for fourteen seconds during Friday's class; that's her personal best!
We borrowed our neighbor's rodent ball to see if Fluffy, Elise's hamster, likes to be in it. She rolls all around the first floor, bumping into chairs, doors, etc., but keeps on going. She had escaped awhile ago, and it took us a few days to notice (we thought she was still sleeping in her peat moss), and a few more to find and catch her. The treats-in-a-bucket trap actually worked. She had made it all the way to the basement without being eaten by our hunter cats. All that to say, we know she likes a bit of freedom, but this ball, I'm sure, is hampering her style. ...Still it's pretty funny to watch her.
Our needle felted creche is coming right along. Albin is almost done with the last king, Karl added a head and legs to the cow, while Elise finished the shepherd (including a crookstaff) and helped me with a few sheep. She also made another angel. It's really turning out.
I picked up my fabulous yarn that I bought from the Sow's Ear Pampered Knitter's show. The artist is Lisa at http://www.carpool.etsy.com/, and she has very nice stuff! I had to buy a ball of roving, too, and told Karl to put it away until my birthday. The yarn was 1200 yards, which I wound on the spot, and then started another Syrian lace shawl from Victorian Lace Today. I have enough to make a large shawl, and then I'll graduate to a trickier scarf with the remainder. I actually got out my spinning wheel the other day, too--the first time I've spun in months.
We also watchedthe Muppet show before bed last night, with Rita Moreno. That is a particularly fine episode. It had the Swedish chef, Martin Scuggs, and good skits with Rita, too. We recommend this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment