Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cotton Candy

me & dad had great fun decapitating a whisk with the dremel (I broke three dremel tips oops!)

after this picture was taken it really started to bubble and look like it was going to boil over (it only came a third of the way though and personally i'm pretty thankful for that)

when we were doing this I was pretty stupid and I (on purpose) put some on my finger to taste it mom tried to warn me but she was too late I put my finger under cold water & I wasn't seriously burned (actually I wasn't burned at all) in my defense I say that I was tired and not thinking after that I used spoons to taste test.

after it had become the right temp we (me & mom) poured it into a pan  then we used... wait for it... the decapitated whisk! how you do this is : you take the whisk and you dip it in the stuff then you pull it out and hold it a foot above the wax paper and swing it back and forth like a pendulum (that dries too fast, we found alternatives)

here are the finished products they're really good but they're not quite the same , for one they aren't as poofy , for two they're sharp once they dry! , for three you can flavor and/or color them yourself I used bubblegum flavoring and two drops of red food coloring and one small bottle (one Tbsp) after it hardend a bunch I also made some lolliepops :)

No comments: