Wednesday, April 6, 2011

today


Today in my free time I: bought several good books at 60% off, had a cup of tea at the Sow's Ear and knit two rows on the alpaca baby shawl, browsed through The Simpler Family and Chick Days, practiced my banjo, planted carrots and beets in the garden, hung decorative tiles on the back fence, made spinach pie for supper, and started a list of all the things I like to see if I can ferret out my Element

Elise is looking grumpy in this picture from yesterday, when we were preparing the beds, but note the landry hanging in the background!  I love hanging out laundry.

We have a few crocuses in the backyard this year.  Next fall, remind me to get a bunch of bulbs.  I had big plans the fall after we visited Tasha Tudor's garden, to buy oodles from the same company she did and make rivers of flowers in my front yard.  Maybe this year.  I bought Elise some spring bulbs from the grocery store, and we're going to put them in her flower garden in back.

No comments: