Sunday, March 15, 2009

Interiors

The dark corners of our lives sure tend to get messy after awhile. Heck, the everyday drawers and shelves can't stand up to scrutiny after continual use, either. It does get tiresome to scrabble for the tape or a sharpened lead pencil month after month! And the idea of sorting out the drawer was, of course, much worse than the actual event. Here's a few pictures to show what sort of interiors tend to reappear in our house (sorry that I don't know how to rotate them on the laptop yet):







Albin is on day 4 of his fever. It's a little low this morning, and he went to bed very early last night. It was low yesterday morning, too, but rose again in the afternoon. He missed his friend's party--sadness!, and won't go to church tonight, either. Erika said her kids' fevers lasted between 6-10 days. We'll see how long Albin's goes.


I found another great new Ravelry group. It's called Opt Out, for people who are opting out of the recession. Media hype tends to fan the flames of fear. How bad would the recession be if people weren't getting scared from what they hear on the news? We're going to do our part of opting out by spending in our community. Maybe I'll go get my hair cut--it's still crooked from when Karl and Elise cut it. Karl and I went out for lunch at Tuvalu yesterday. (The tuna melt was phenomenal!) You know, that sort of thing. I guess we aren't going to change much. We still don't want a lot of stuff in the house, and we like to be frugal. But when we do have extra money, we can support our local businesses by going ice skating, eating out more than once a month, buying fresh flowers for the table...

No comments: